Tuesday, February 12, 2013

The Country Homemaker Hop #54

Welcome Friends  
I hope you had a happy and productive week on your homestead.  We are keeping busy here too.  This week I'd like to share a few more pictures of just what we've been up to lately.


The old kitchen cabinets and the cabin's original floors were riddled by years of untreated water damage.  The drywall was pithy and full of black mold and the old leaded glass windows had seen better days.  The wind was blowing in between the leading.

My husband set to work changing it all out about ten days ago, though it's been slow going.  We've had a few days of really bad weather and a few other obligations that cost us a few days of work, but here is where we are today...


You may notice that we do not have a kitchen sink yet.  It's here, sitting on a pallet.  My husband is making  temporary countertops from the few usable scraps left over from the old cabinets.  Eventually, Jerry and I will tile the whole room together, once we get the sink and new floor down.  That won't be for about a month yet though.

Homemaker of the Week-


I would like to introduce you to blogger Natalia and her blog Prep Utility Vehicle.  Natalia has been a wonderful resource to many of us, myself included.  Every day she researches the net, discovers and shares the titles and links to several FREE and low cost Kindle ebooks and magazines.  She even organizes them by category ie: Preparedness, Food, Home, Farming and Gardening.  Then, Natalia links up her list to the The Country Homemaker Hop and several other great blog hops to share this valuable information with the rest of us.  The titles change daily, so you have to pay attention and GRAB the books while they're hot!  If you are looking for a good way to build your homemaking library, look no further.  Watch for her links and snag the free books!

I filled up my Kindle, and ultimately had to create a Kindle for PC account for the many free titles I have downloaded as a result of Natalia's work.  I really appreciate this resource and I always look forward to reading her blog posts.  There's usually an ebook or two that I simply must have.


On another exciting note, Natalia will be starting her own preparedness blog hop soon.  I look forward to joining in on the action.  Thanks again Natalia for investing your time and energy and for sharing this treasure trove of goodies with our little blog community.


I'm off to bed early (for me) because in the morning we're heading on an adventure.  We are going to The World Ag Expo.  I am so excited.  My fingers are crossed that I might make a connection for a jersey milk cow.

Now let's GET HOPPING!!!








11 comments:

  1. The kitchen is looking fabulous, love that stove! :)
    I hope you have good luck finding your cow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely to be hopping here again! Where did you get your sidebar MJ Farmgirl Sisterhood badge from, I'd like one too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your kitchen will be wonderful!!! Love what you have done so far! I love that stove!!!! It is awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I bet it is nice to have a kitchen the way you want it! Some day... sigh. :) Thanks for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your kitchen is looking beautiful! How exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, Kitchen looks great. I LOVE your stove!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks great so far...can't wait to see it completed with the before and after pictures! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's the beautiful stove you told us about, right? I just love it.

    Thank you so much for featuring my blog today! I can't tell you how my heart jumped at the shock of seeing that--wow, it made my day!!! :D It's wonderful to hear how many books you've got--that's fantastic! :) And thank you also for mentioning the new blog hop--I hope you do take part--I'm really nervous no one will post! Eek!

    Do you have a "featured" button? I did my best, you'll see on my right sidebar, but I don't have the software to really make one, this was with the Polaroid option on PicMonkey and it yellowed the picture. I also linked it to this post. I hope that's all okay. :) I'm going to email too because I have a question for you.

    Thank you again.
    Most sincerely
    Natalia
    http://preputilityvehicle.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your kitchen is going to be beautiful! I love your stove!!! Man, what I wouldn't give to have one like that. We live in a 1941 bungalow and had to update the appliances but that style would look so much better. We are renovating our kitchen too. Partially built cabinets and down to the original flooring is the condition we're in right now :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks so much for hosting! Good to be back. Linked up my recipe for EASY HOMEMADE LAUNDRY DETERGENT.

    Enjoy!

    http://littleowlcrunchymomma.blogspot.com/2013/01/easy-homemade-laundry-detergent.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. You're going to love your kitchen when it all comes together. Remember to take lots of photos! I keep going back to our original photo book to find out where things in the wall are! I took photos of all stages of the building so I can see wiring, studs, panels that are covered up, etc. I hope you're having fun.

    ReplyDelete

My email address is whitewolfsummitfarmgirl@gmail.com.